This lemon ricotta pasta recipe makes a creamy, zingy sauce in minutes! It’s a shortcut that makes mealtime straightforward.
Right here’s a fast and easy pasta recipe that’s the proper shortcut for weeknights: Lemon Ricotta Pasta! Mixing ricotta cheese with olive oil, Parmesan and just a little pasta water makes a makeshift white sauce that’s supreme for coating on lengthy noodles (who knew!). This fast weeknight trick has change into a staple over right here: the zing of the lemon zest makes it completely irresistible to not maintain slurping down noodles.
Components in lemon ricotta pasta
Ricotta is a creamy Italian cheese with a light taste that’s well-known for its use in lasagna: however it’s supreme for lengthy noodles, too. The nice half about this lemon ricotta pasta? It requires simply 1 minute of cooking to kind a fantastically creamy white sauce. You’ll actually stir collectively a number of elements and voila: a creamy sauce. Right here’s what you’ll want for whipping up this pasta at house:
- Bucatini or spaghetti noodles (or your noodle of alternative)
- Ricotta cheese
- Olive oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon zest
Ideas for lemon ricotta pasta
This lemon ricotta pasta recipe couldn’t be simpler: boil the pasta, stir collectively the sauce elements, and mix! There’s not a lot cooking right here. However there are a number of minor ideas that may make or break the recipe:
- Save the pasta water! This ingredient is used to make a creamy sauce. It’s straightforward to neglect (been there), so my mother shared a tip with us that helps. After you begin the pasta, place your strainer within the sink, then place a liquid measuring cup inside as a reminder. If you go to dump the pasta, you’ll suppose: what’s that liquid measuring cup? Oh sure, I want to avoid wasting the pasta water!
- Make sure that to prepare dinner the pasta to al dente. This implies “to the chew” in Italian: when it’s tender with a small white speck inside while you chew into a chunk. Boil it a couple of minutes lower than the package deal directions point out, and begin style testing early!
- The feel is finest when served instantly. This lemon ricotta pasta is finest when the pasta is freshly cooked and it’s heat: particularly since you utilize the pasta water to assist create the sauce. You may eat it later, however it does get drier in texture.
Leftovers and storage directions
Wish to eat this lemon ricotta pasta the subsequent day? You may, although it’s not fairly pretty much as good because the day of. This pasta is finest with piping sizzling recent pasta and sauce heat from the range. It does get a gummier texture because it sits, and particularly as soon as it’s cooled. Right here’s the best way to clean up your leftovers:
- Leftovers change into drier over time, and with refrigeration. You may retailer the pasta about 2 days refrigerated, however the texture turns into drier.
- Methods to reheat it? You may reheat the pasta with a splash of milk on the stovetop, and revive the flavors with a pinch or two of salt. Make sure that to generously garnish with grated Parmesan cheese as effectively.
What to serve with lemon ricotta pasta
Need a number of quick and straightforward aspect dishes to serve with this pasta? Something from a fast inexperienced salad to lemony peas works right here. In the event you’re serving it as a most important dish, take into consideration dishes that add further protein. Listed here are a number of concepts:
Extra ricotta recipes
Ricotta makes magic with pasta, toast, desserts, and extra! Listed here are a few of our favourite ricotta recipes:
This lemon ricotta pasta recipe is…
Vegetarian. For gluten-free, use gluten-free pasta.