- 12 skewers, wooden, bamboo, or metal
Make tahini sauce according to this recipe Store in fridge until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, thyme, nutmeg,cardamom, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Generously coat the chicken with the spices.
- Place the chicken cubes in a deep dish with the sliced yellow onions. Combine the minced garlic and lemon juice and add them to the chicken dish. Add a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Toss the chicken to make sure it’s well-coated. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours (if you don’t have the time to marinate, allow the chicken about 30 minutes or so at room temperature before grilling).
- A few minutes before grilling, thread the chicken cubes, green peppers, red peppers and red onion onto wood skewers (skewers must be soaked in water for at least 1 hour before using).
- Lightly oil and heat a gas grill or griddle to medium-high heat. When ready, grill the chicken kabobs, turning occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and juices run dry (internal temperature should register 165 degrees F.)
Serve chicken kabobs with warm pita and tahini sauce with other bright sides and salads (see suggestions)
- If you are using bamboo or wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in plenty of water for 1 hour.
- Allow some time for marinating, 2 to 4 hours in the fridge will help the chicken soak up all the wonderful flavors as it tenderizes. But even just 30 minutes of marinating will help.
- Oven instructions: Preheat your oven broiler. Coat a sheet pan with a little oil. Arrange the skewers in a single layer on the sheet pan. Broil for 5 minutes, then flip the skewers and broil on the other side for 5 more minutes.
- Leftovers? You can refrigerate leftover chicken kabobs in tight-lid containers for 3 days.
- Visit Our Shop for quality Mediterranean ingredients including extra virgin olive oils and spices (like the cardamom, nutmeg, and paprika used in this recipe).
Calories: 147.8kcalCarbohydrates: 6.1gProtein: 8.8gFat: 10.2gSaturated Fat: 1.5gCholesterol: 24.1mgPotassium: 244.1mgFiber: 1.4gVitamin A: 531IUVitamin C: 28.5mgCalcium: 21mgIron: 0.6mg