- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 12 muffin cups to a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the all-purpose flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt.
- In another medium bowl, mash the banana. Whisk in the egg, granulated sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients using a spatula, and stir until a smooth batter forms. Avoid the urge to overmix. Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins for 15 minutes, until puffed and golden on top. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a rack to cool fully, about 1 hour. Store up to 4 days in a sealed container at room temperature, refrigerated up to 1 week or more (allow to come to room temperature before serving), or frozen up to 3 months.
- Category: Baked Good
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Muffin
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Banana chocolate chip muffins, chocolate chip banana muffins